- 21st October 2020
- Posted by: cleaningadmin
- Category: Cleaning Ideas and Tips
If your house is in need of a little TLC, then it might be time for a good old fashioned clear out and cleaning session. A thorough clean is sometimes the best way to get back on top of things. If you’re worried about the time it will take, a professional cleaning company can do the jobs you don’t want to. For those of you looking for a cleaning company in Brighton and Hove, our experts at High-Class Cleaning serve all the surrounding areas. Alternatively, if you’re determined to get started yourselves, here are some quick cleaning tips and tricks.
Tips & Tricks: What are the benefits for hiring a cleaning company?
How do you clean fast and effectively?
If you’ve got company on their way over and you’re panicking trying to get the house ready in time, there are a few ways you can clean fast and effectively. With just a few quick chores rather than a deeper clean, you can freshen up your home for guests in no time. The best way is to grab your basic cleaning materials, clothes, surface cleaner spray, and vacuum cleaner, and take it room by room.
In your bedroom, the most important thing is to declutter. In order to do this fast, it’s a good idea to have a basket or a box where you can gather things quickly and potentially hide them in a cupboard. Make the beds and open the curtains. Give the room a quick dust and hoover if need be. You should be able to get all these little jobs done in a matter of minutes.
To clean your bathroom fast, simply go over all the surfaces with a general spray and a cloth. Clean the toilet and hose down the shower and bath. This shouldn’t take very long. Throw away old empty bottles and declutter as much as you can. Open the window or light a candle to freshen up the space.
Give your living room and kitchen a similar decluttering and wiping down. Put everything away where it belongs and do the washing up. Once you’ve finished dusting all surfaces and putting any items that have been left out away, you’ll be ready to give the rooms a whip round with the hoover. Relying on the fact that your house wasn’t a complete state beforehand, you should be able to give it a sprucing up like this in about half an hour to an hour max.
If you’re really in a rush to get your home spick and span, the right cleaning company in Brighton and Hove can do the job for you. A professional job would be a lot more efficient, and they’ll have the skills and equipment to get more done in the time you have.
Where do I start cleaning a messy house?
Of course, sometimes it’s not possible to do a complete clean of the house in less than an hour. Some houses need a lot more work, so much so that you might feel paralysed by the mess! It’s difficult to find a place to start, and even worse, to ever envision the end in sight. If your house is particularly messy, then there are a few ways you can break it down into more manageable chunks.
Start as small as picking up one out-of-place item and putting it away. Focus on one room and put away each item, and make a pile for the things you don’t need. If your house is that messy you’ll probably benefit from a mindful decluttering, so it might be time to separate some bags for the charity shop, and some for the bin. If you’re struggling to motivate yourself, then ask for help. You could offer one of your friends dinner in exchange for a decluttering party, anything that gets you moving.
Another way to go about it is to call in the experts. A professional cleaning company will have their own methods for finally turning a messy house around. If your messy house is just too much to handle on your own then bring in a couple of professionals to help you out.
10 Bathrooms cleaning tips and tricks.
If your home is tidy enough, but cleaning the bathroom is your least favourite of chores then don’t worry, here are 10 cleaning tips and tricks.
- A simple combination of baking soda and household ammonia will make your sink and taps shine. Rub off all the grime with this easy solution.
- Mop the ceiling to get rid of mildew and dark spots. Use a combination of equal parts water and white vinegar. Don’t forget to wear eye protection as you do it.
- Soak your showerhead overnight. This will finally get rid of that limescale and get the water running smoothly. Simply place it in a bag with equal parts water and white vinegar.
- Throw your shower curtain in the washing machine. You can use normal detergent and this should remove mildew. Spray tougher stains with diluted bleach or stain remover first.
- Keep on top of cleaning your toilet. Give it a squirt of bleach and a once over with brush daily. This will keep grime from building up. You can do a deeper clean once a week.
- Get a decent all-purpose cleaner. You can use this for all bathroom surfaces with a scouring pad or cloth, and it should do the trick. You don’t need to stock up on cleaning products.
- Wash your taps with washing up liquid. This should remove the limescale. You can then rinse them and polish them off with a dry cloth.
- Consider more storage solutions. If your bathroom’s looking a little cluttered, look into getting a basket or storage tower to put away accessories. Get rid of any unused or empty items.
- Update your accessories. It might even be time for some new accessories. If your mats and shower curtains are looking a little worse for wear, why not treat yourself to some new ones?
- Finally, keep your shower screen free of smears. Spray all the shower surfaces with your trusty all-purpose cleaner, then fill the room with steam from the hot shower. Let the steam build up for a few minutes, then leave and close the door. The steam will do all the work for you!
If you’re after a deeper clean of your bathroom, it’s always best to hire a professional. They’ll have the best techniques to finally get it sparkling and grime free.
How do professionals clean a house?
If you want to clean your house like a professional, it’s all about being efficient and prioritising your cleaning. Learn to multitask, for example, you could put on the dishwasher and washing machine for example while you take on smaller tasks by hand. Try not to do anything counterproductive. If you need to clean the floors, clean other surfaces first so you can vacuum up any debris that may fall on the floor in the process.
A professional cleaning company will come equipped with all the products they need. If you want to get your home cleaned as deeply and efficiently as possible, it’s important to invest in a good vacuum cleaner and a couple of essentials. These include clothes and sponges, general surface cleaner, floor cleaner and furniture polish.
Sometimes there’s just nothing as good as a deep, professional clean. A professional cleaning company will have the skills and resources to really freshen up your home. If you’re looking for a cleaning company in Brighton and Hove, High-Class Cleaning will get the job done quickly and efficiently.
What are some tips to clean your house?
Last but not least, here are a few secrets of the trade, and general cleaning tips and tricks.
- Have a system. Get into a routine with cleaning and do it room by room, in the same order every time. This way you’ll get faster and clean your house like a pro.
- Clean top to bottom and left to right. Try to work each room like this, otherwise, you could end up scattering dust or clutter everywhere.
- If you’re planning a big cleaning session, have all your tools and products at the ready. Make sure you’re prepared.
- Dust without spraying. Regularly dust all surfaces to keep it from building up. It’s easy to remove dry like this. You can then polish the dust-free surfaces.
- Use hydrogen-peroxide to tackle mould once and for all. If this is a regular occurrence, you might want to update your vent situation or install a fan.
- Don’t let it get out of hand, keep on top of you’re cleaning so that the mess never becomes overwhelming.
- If your home is getting a bit beyond your control, call the professionals in. You need a deep clean before you can attempt to restart your cleaning routine.
With a professional cleaning company, you can get your place spick and span in a jiffy. Expert cleaners will also be able to give you more cleaning tips and tricks.If you’re looking for a cleaning company in Brighton and Hove, get in touch today.